Marissa M. Ramsay
Contact us today at 610-235-4000 or online to schedule a consultation.
Marissa M. Ramsay
Marissa M. Ramsay is an intelligent and dedicated attorney with substantial legal experience. Ms. Ramsay has had the privilege to successfully represent numerous clients in various practices of law including but not limited to criminal defense cases, personal injury cases, and divorce cases.Ms. Ramsay graduated from the Downingtown East High School in Lionville, PA in 2005 and entered The Pennsylvania State University (Main Campus) that same year. As in law school, Ms. Ramsay was a Dean’s list student every semester and earned high academic honors throughout her academic career at Penn State. In May 2009, Ms. Ramsay was awarded a Bachelor of Science Degree for her major in Crime, Law and Justice and minor in Sociology. Later that same year, Ms. Ramsay entered the Widener University School of Law.
Ms. Ramsay placed in the top 5% of the law school class her first year which earned her a staff position on the Widener Law Review. She subsequently served on the board as Business Editor for the Widener Law Review in her third year. Ms. Ramsay was a Dean’s list student each semester and was awarded Certificates of Achievement for academic excellence in Torts, Legal Methods II and Legal Methods III. Ms. Ramsay graduated Cum Laude and received her Juris Doctor from Widener University School of Law in May 2012.
In addition to her stellar academic accomplishments, Ms. Ramsay gained valuable legal experience by working in various summer internships and participating in several law clinics during law school. In 2009, Ms. Ramsay interned at the Chester County Public Defender’s Office where she assisted in criminal investigations and preparation for criminal defense trials. In 2010, Ms. Ramsay worked as a summer intern with the Philadelphia law firm of Reger, Rizzo and Darnall LLP where she performed legal research, drafted, edited and completed legal briefs and trial memoranda and also observed numerous criminal and civil trial proceedings. In her final semester at Widener Law, Ms. Ramsay was selected amongst numerous candidates to be a member of the Pennsylvania Criminal Defense Clinic. While participating in that clinic, Ms. Ramsay defended several criminal cases under the auspices of her supervising attorney.
Ms. Ramsay is a member in good standing of the Chester County Bar Association and has been admitted to practice in both Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Currently, Ms. Ramsay is working alongside her father in their new firm, Ramsay & Ramsay, P.C. It has always been her dream to practice law with her father and she is excited about their working together to ensure the very highest level of legal representation for all of their clients.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Personal Injury
- Divorce and Family Law
- New Jersey
- Widener University School of Law, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Juris Doctor cum laude – 2012
- Honors: Top 5% of the Law School First year
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Honors: Certificates of Achievement for academic excellence in Torts, Legal Methods II and Legal Methods III
- Law Review: Widener Law Review, Staff
- The Pennsylvania State University
- B.S., Bachelor of Science – 2009
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Honors: High Academic Honors
- Major: Criminal Law and Justice
- Minor: Sociology
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Chester County Bar Association
- American Bar Association (ABA), Member
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- American Bar Association
- National College for DUI Defense
- National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- American Association of Premier DUI Attorneys
- American Institute of Legal Counsel
- Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Awards & Honors
- Lead Counsel Rating in Criminal Law – State Felony & Misdemeanor
- 2016: American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys 10 Best Female Attorneys
- 2016: American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys Client Satisfaction
- 2016: TOP 10 Under 40 Attorney Award (Pennsylvania) National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorney’s